Used Cryotherapy Machine Depreciation: The Catch!
Depreciation is the word many people fear, but it could turn out to be an opportunity for you — saving you tens of thousands upfront…
To help put chamber depreciation into perspective, consider what happens as soon as you finish signing the paper on that $60,000 cryo chamber you’ve been eyeing.
Depreciation run down
- Before the ink dries, your cryo chamber has lost 10% to 20% of its value, so it is now only worth about $50,000. It hasn’t even been used yet.
- One year later, it has gone down 30%, regardless of how little you use it. Frequent use of your chamber over that first year can reduce the value by as much as 50%. That means one year later, it could be worth as little as $30,000.
- Three years after you purchased it, it is worth as less as a quarter of its original value, no matter how little you used it.
The depreciation of cryotherapy chambers is more staggering as for cars. Within three years, a cryotherapy machine loses as much as 80% of its value.
By purchasing a 1 to 3 year-old machine, the original buyer has already suffered the worst of the depreciation. Moreover, you can expect it to depreciate by $5,000 over the next three years.
Labelling Used Cryo Chamber Condition
Traditionally, we avoid buying used items because we think about the problems they may have. After all, why are they being sold. Here’s why you should be thinking positively about a used cryotherapy chambers – odds are, it’s a good deal now.
The technology has improved, so that these fantastic devices last longer. The best can often be fully functional for more than 7 years.
We have established a rating system to indicate the actual condition of a used cryotherapy machines. This new system is called the CCRT Certification.
Sellers bare the certification cost since it guarantees the machine’s condition to potential buyers.
Advantages of the CCRT Certification
The CCRT Certification gives access to our Maintenance & Servicing Package including best price guarantee for spare parts.
The deal that we’ve negotiated with our partner, Rutherford Titan, allows us to pass off some great savings to you to have your used cryo chamber installed or serviced. They can even train you on how to use it.
Benefits of buying new over use cryotherapy machines.
While the benefits of purchasing a used chamber has definitely changed over just the last year, there are still a few things that give new cry chambers an advantage for would-be-buyers.
First, you don’t have to get them rated to know their condition – they are brand new, so they should work perfectly. You will want to negotiate the price, especially with that rapid depreciation, but you know what the top price is right from the start.
Second, you’ve got a lot longer before you are likely to start needing repairs. The technology is constantly being improved, and that means the newer models have longer lives than older models.
Third, if you do have any problems with your chamber, you can get it fixed for free because they all have a warranty that is definitely still in effect in the beginning.
And last, you may be able to get a much better interest rate on a loan since they want to incentivize people to buy new.
Our advice when buying used cryotherapy chambers
Regardless of the condition, you should do your research and make sure that the model has good reviews and is reliable before deciding if you want a new or used cryo chamber. And remember each model as its own advantages and disadvantages.
- If you are ready to buy a second-hand machine from the used machine marketplace, contact the sellers directly. And in this case, we recommend favouring those machines that have the CCRT Certification.
- If you’re still on the fence, book a 30-minute walk through or one of our crash courses. We offer variety of one-to-one session with leading experts to help you understand more about the different machine technologies, how cryotherapy affects the body, and the cryotherapy business industry in general.
- If you would rather have an expert make a shortlist of the 3 most suitable cryotherapy machines based on your budget, business goals and the current market, you may use our machine selection service which helps save considerable time and money.